|Beginn||Standort||Hotel / Schiff||Vertragsbedingungen|
||Weltweit||5*+ European Cruise Line||good conditions - paid in US Dollar
* Passport, C1D Visa for the US and Medical is required
* STCW (Basic Safety Training)
* Accommodation, Food, Uniform - provided by the company
Skills and Education:
We are looking for a well experienced and qualified Sous Chef Tournant (m/f) for a 5* European Cruise Line with international passengers and wonderful itineraries.
Candidate (m/f) should have minimum of three years proven experience in a luxury international hotel property food operation as Chef de Partie or three years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a similar position preferred. You should have good organizational skills and must show attention to detail. Good USPH knowledge and fluent English skills are required.
Key responsibilities – but not limited to:
- To follow Supervisor’s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- To take active part in the actual food preparation. Should be able to fill in every Sous Chef position within the hot galley section (act as a “real” Tournant) when needed
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through good communication with the Dining Room Staff so that food is sent out quickly and efficiently.
- To report work orders to the Supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to submit it to the Senior Sous Chef in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH training.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
We are looking forward to receive your application with an updated & completed CV, a recent picture, a cover letter and a couple of your last working certificates, recommendations, appraisals and evaluations – if available you can also already forward us a colored copy of your passport, C1D Visa, STCW, Seamen book and Yellow Fever Vaccination too, but this is not mendatory – by e-mail at: email@example.com or through our online form at this web side.
Although we do accept applications by regular postal service, we regret to inform you, that we are unable to return your documents.
Our services completely free charge for you as an applicant – so there will be no fee at all, if a cruise company or hotel is hiring you, through us as your agency.