A few tips for your job interview:
- A proper appearance and an adequate outfit are essential for every job interview. You should dress appropriately to your future work environment (Not just salesmen wear a tie). On all accounts you should bring writing materials and your application documents (CV) with you.
- The first impression is crucial! Therefore you should be on time. Plan your journey in a way that allows you to arrive without being exhausted and stressed out. Should you be delayed please call us immediately. For a longer journey we recommend to allow extra time for getting changed and freshening up.
- Read up on your potential future employer (e. g. on the internet). Think of the reasons why you would like to work for exactly this company and of what qualifies you in particular for the position which needs to be filled.
- When you prepare yourself for the interview anticipate questions which refer to your resume (e. g. area of responsibility, motivation for job changes). Keep answers and reasons ready – but do not expect a mantrap behind every question.
- Be yourself and maintain a natural charisma. There is no reason for being nervous: After all YOU have been invited – you have already passed a first pre-selection.
- Listen carefully, do not hesitate to ask if you have not understood everything and ask questions once in a while – but do not interrupt the interviewer.
- Seek eye contact during the conversation. This signalises candidness, trust, confidence and shows that you do not have anything to hide.
- Express yourself naturally, matter-of-factly and in clear words. Do not talk too much and only give answers to questions that you have been asked. On the other hand give sufficient and adequate information so that the interviewer does not have to “dig any further”.
- Do not talk negatively about your current employer, superiors and colleagues.
- Do not let spontaneous negative impressions discourage you: Even if the personnel manager is not quite to your liking, you have to keep in mind that he is not going to be your day-to-day superior – who may be the exact opposite!
Connect Worldwide Recruiting Agency wishes you good luck.