The Senior Corporate Executive Chef has two major functions:
to support the Director of Culinary Development implementing new culinary concepts across the River Cruises fleet, and to work with the F&B Director to lead, train and support the onboard culinary operations. The work of a Senior Corporate Executive Chef is therefore central to the River (culinary) operations, and involves different responsibilities and tasks such as menu development and engineering, implementation and execution, leadership, training and development.
Together with the Director of Culinary Development and his team, the Senior Corporate Executive Chef develops new recipes and menu cycles, to improve the culinary offer and align the river and ocean operations. He defines product specifications in collaboration with the procurement department, and takes care of the menu engineering. In alignment with the F&B Director, the Senior Corporate Executive Chef is responsible for implementing and executing all culinary concepts through the entire operations, by training the team of Corporate Executive Chefs and the onboard galley staff.
The Senior Corporate Executive Chef will report directly to the F&B Director and the Director Culinary Development. This role involves a high degree of travelling (up to 80 per cent) and is, thus, flexible in the choice of location. A logistically meaningful location of residence such as Vienna, Cologne, Basel, Budapest or Amsterdam is recommended. Please note that only candidates with a relevant residency and work permit for the EU or Switzerland can be considered for this role.
- You work closely with the Director of Culinary Development and his team to develop new culinary concepts and menu cycles. This includes the menu design, recipe definition, test cooking, identification of the product specifications, and menu engineering.
- You are responsible for the implementation and execution of the defined culinary concepts onboard the entire River culinary operation. You constantly lead, support and train the team of Corporate Executive Chefs and the onboard galley staff on both the new and existing culinary concepts to ensure that the quality of the companies culinary offer meets the highest standards
You oversee the River Cruises onboard culinary operation and work closely with the F&B Director to support the operations and ensure that the standard is consistent between all ships, and that culinary operations are effective and efficient.
This includes, but is not limited to, menu planning and MXP manipulation, quality monitoring and USPH practices, galley equipment maintenance, crew training and development.
You are responsible for monitoring food cost reports, and take the necessary actions in alignment with the F&B Director to ensure that budget guidelines are met. This includes monitoring all food preparation areas for waste, over production, and portion control to manage cost-savings and quality improvement initiatives
In conjunction with the Human Resources department and the F&B Director, you coordinate all culinary officers staffing, planning, recruiting, development, training and related initiatives.
- You document and ensure consistency of all culinary products, including menu cycle definition and software implementation, recipes description and engineering, presentation, cost and labour requirements.
You maintain a regular schedule to visit ships and follow-up on operating procedure compliance
- Must have advanced culinary skills, with a minimum working experience of 10 years in a highly recognized quality hotel or restaurant. You have the flair and creativity to enhance the River Cruises product.
- Must have leadership experience, and excellent management, organizational and administrational skills. Able to develop, motivate and train a smooth functioning team.
- Diploma or Degree from internationally recognized hotel school or university is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and be able to interpret and write documents such as recipes and manuals. Fluent in English, additional languages a plus.
- Highly motivated team-player, with an open-minded and flexible attitude. Able to quickly and positively adapt to changes, providing leadership and motivation to the other employees in pursuit of company goals.
- Able to accept and provide constructive criticism, and deal with different views and opinions within the team in a positive and fruitful manner.
- Able to organize and complete work independently, and in accordance with deadlines.
- Must be a serious professional, take pride in his work and adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Must have a professional appearance, be well groomed and presentable, and able to interact with guests in a positive and composed manner.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and a good knowledge of menu engineering management (preferably in MXP).
- Full commitment to travel extensively both domestically and overseas.