PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Financial Officer is overall responsible for the entire ship financial operation, including revenue and cost management, as well as guests and crew administration. Responsible to implement and enforce all necessary actions to ensure the Product is delivered smoothly and flawlessly, in line with budget and targets
- Responsible for Revenue and cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Control of ship financial operation, reporting and statistics and internal auditing as required, including accounting, payroll and cruise closing
- Conducts on a weekly basis a Revenue and Cost Management meeting with all department heads and concessionaires to create, implement and maintain new ideas for generating revenue in accordance with Standard Operation Procedures.
- Manage ship’s funds and cash availability.
- Perform cruise closing and auditing of all cash floats once per week.
- Receive weekly inventory reports from all sources in the Hotel Department, ensuring that supplies are sufficient but not excessive.
- Responsible for the proper submission of Cruise End financial reports.
- Oversee clearance of the vessel and embarkation in cooperation with Hotel Purser
- Supervision of Guest Service / Front Desk operation.
- Plan all Shop/Concessionaire’s events with Department Heads.
- Control sale of shore excursions and tour dispatches.
- Oversee all onboard guest materials, ensuring timely printing and delivery of all printed matters by Purser’s department.
- To be familiar with the legal aspects of Crew employment, Health and Safety at work, the company’s SMS and Environmental Policies and all other company directives governing the administration of Crew and Port Operations.
- Diploma from international recognized hotel school or university.
•Min. 5 years Chief Purser or Food & Beverage Manager on 5-star ship.
•Financial background and Exposure to Budgeting and financial analysis.•
Completed appropriate HR training, craft training or equivalent.
•Excellent English skills in both writing and speech
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positivepersonality, professional appearance
Very good conditions, very attractive salary paid in USD.
Single cabin – 4 month on / 2 month off